(out of town)
BUFFELSDRIFT GAME LODGE
Want to experience authentic Africa, but still look forward to a luxurious, comfortable stay? Then you’ll thoroughly enjoy our unique bushveld experience and the tasteful, subtle luxury of our tented accommodation.
Come immerse yourself in the rugged, untouched beauty of the Klein Karoo while enjoying all the comforts one could possibly desire.
Free Roaming Cheetah Experience:
See these regal creatures in their natural habitat as one of our skilled rangers takes you on a 3 – 4 hour excursion, tracking these magnificent free roaming predators by vehicle and by foot.
African Bush Safaris:
• Bush Safari (2hrs) – Guests can look forward to spotting a wide range of free roaming game as well as a midway refreshment break at a scenic viewpoint with stunning 360° views of the Klein Karoo landscape.
• Night Drive (2hrs) – On this game drive we use powerful spotlights to view the activities of the animals at night. These night-time drives are also ideal for spotting the nocturnal species like the caracal, porcupine & aardvark that are very rarely seen during the day.
Embark on a wonderfully educational Elephant Experience equal to none. Join us for a truly memorable experience with our gentle, loving giants.
Our 5ha lion enclosure is home to our three majestic lions, Shumba, Tonga and Safia. Accompany our trained game ranger and view these beautiful creatures from an elevated point as the ranger feeds them, discusses some interesting facts about lions in general and share important information about why they are kept in captivity.
What a remarkable encounter to view these fascinating little creatures up close. Meet our guide at dawn for a hot cup of coffee before heading out to the meerkat burrows where these furry critters emerge at the break of dawn.
With its idyllic setting at the foot of the Swartberg Mountains and unspoiled,
boundless vistas, the Spa @ Buffelsdrift offers a comprehensive range of treatments, massages & facials that will guarantee you leave perfectly relaxed, rejuvenated and recharged.
Heritage Nature Walk:
Strap your boots and come experience an adventure that will allow you to use all your senses to connect deeper with the Little Karoo and its history. A 5km trail swirls past dramatic scenes of the famous red rock formations of the little Karoo.
- Trail difficulty: Casual +- 5km walk
- Duration: +- 4 Hours (depends on group’s pace)
- Departure Times: 06:00 (summer) & 08:00 (winter)
- Guests meet at the main lodge, from where you depart in one of our game viewers towards the starting point of the trail.
Get in Touch
Monday to Sunday:
06:30 – 22:00
Decimal Degrees (WGS84)
Degrees, Minutes & Seconds
Latitude: S33 31 43
Longitude: E22 15 07
Latitude: S 33 31.731
Longitude: E 22 15.128