(OUT OF TOWN)
Cango Wildlife Ranch
Cango Wildlife Ranch is open 365 days of the year and is home to over 90 species of animals.
We are in the heart of the Klein Karoo, on the outskirts of Oudtshoorn on route to the Cango Caves. Our address is 191 Baron van Reede Street, Oudtshoorn, Western Cape.
Entrance includes an educational guided tour and your ticket is valid for the whole day. Delve into our Valley of Ancients followed by a stroll through Africa where you get to see Malawian Cichlids, Lemurs, Vultures, Pygmy Hippos and the Archaic Nile Crocodiles. Then embark on an elevated route over Cheetahland where you can view our big cats. Finally, enjoy a wander through the Amazonia Bird Aviary and Snake Park.
Alternatively, your visitors can partake in one of our incredible and exclusive VIP Tours where they will be met by their own personal guide for a private tour of the facility, partake in various ambassador animal encounters, and even experience fascinating ‘behind-the-scenes’ areas which are not normally open to the public. These unique tours, are ideal for honeymooners, elite clientele or visitors who simply want to see more of our facility at their own leisure. These packages and rates are available on request.
Our facility aims to provide fun-filled public education and ethical animal encounters, through premium visitor experiences and service excellence. We take immense pride in our offerings, and we endeavour to faciliate unforgettable experiences to all visitors, including the hundreds of returning national and international tour operators with whom strive to build long-lasting partnerships.
The animals resident at the Cango Wildlife Ranch come from all over the world and are here for a variety of reasons. Some of our animals are captive born while others have been rescued due to injuries sustained or confiscated through the illegal pet-trade. When we can, wild animals are rehabilitated and released, and where releases are not possible, we provide a forever home for the animals. The residency of all our animals provides much needed education to the general public visiting about the plight of not only these particular species but animals all over the world, and vital environmental awareness resulting in habitat destruction. Our cheetahs and Radiated Tortoises, to mention a few, form part of our endangered species breeding program whereby we focus on increasing populace through bloodline management for genetically diverse and healthy contributions to global species populations. Quality over quantity in preserving endangered species, through the international network and conservation ethos of the World Association of Zoo’s and Aquaria.
Our premium animal care and visitor safety standards form the foundation of our responsible encounters program. 35+ years of experience, with dedicated staff and advanced husbandry is key to our success. Furthermore, our encounters are aligned with our internationally recognised accreditation by the Pan-African Association of Zoos & Aquaria (PAAZA). In addition, we are members of the World Association of Zoo’s and Aquaria (WAZA) which is by invitation only and comprises of the top 300 Zoological facilities in the world. Our stringent safety protocols, ensure controlled and educational experiences with select ambassador species.
- Our Turtle’s restaurant is licensed and offers an a la carte menu. Set menu’s, Indian/Jain cuisine, and special dietary requirements can be catered for with prior arrangement. Enjoy a delicious meal surrounded by our turtle, tortoise and iguana exhibits.
- Our Monsoon restaurant offers an Indian Street Food Menu. Buffet menu’s is available. It is ideal for a quick bite or take-away and is great for parents as it is situated next to the KidZone with jungle gyms and waterjets. NOTE: Monsoon will be closed temporarily from 15 July 2023 to 15 September 2023.
- Preserve your special moments at our Traders outlet where you can purchase both printed and digital photos. USB / Printed photo
- Find unique crafts and souvenirs in the Curio shop.
- All outlets accept credit card facilities and there is an ATM in the curio shop
- The entire facility is wheelchair friendly, and a special animal encounter can be facilitated with prior arrangement
Where memories begin!
Get in Touch
191 Baron van Reede street,