MONTAGU TOURISM OFFICE
Montagu is a charming, historic village, nestled between two mountain ranges, in the heart of the legendary Route 62. With crystal clear air, beautiful mountains, a superb climate and plenty to do, it is the ideal breakaway spot from city life.
A variety of attractions and activities, include:
- A visit to the wine cellars
- The Montagu dried fruit factory
- Unique, historical buildings
- Rock-climbing and abseiling
- Kloofing, hiking trails
- Natural, hot, mineral springs
- 4X4 routes
- An art & crafts route
- Quad biking
- The famous tractor-ride to the top of the Langeberg mountains, with the option of a potjiekos lunch
- Historical and herb museums
- Horse riding
- An old English fort
- Nature garden, with tea and refreshments
- The Big Five are not too far off
Superb accommodation in hotels, bed-and breakfasts, guesthouses, self catering facilities and camping are available. Cuisine restaurants and pubs are within walking distance from most accommodation. Well-equipped conference facilities ensure professional business breakaways.
Come to Montagu, the Oasis of the Western Cape!
Get in Touch
Saturday: 09:00 – 17:00
Sunday: 11:00 – 13:00